The brand heritage of Hornblower Group dates back nearly 100 years, with the establishment of Boston Harbor Cruises in Massachusetts in 1926. On the west coast of the United States, Hornblower Group began in 1980. Across the company’s growing portfolio, Hornblower has a long-standing history of expertise and innovation and has continually redefined the marine hospitality industry. Today, the Hornblower Group footprint spans 111 countries and territories and 125 U.S. cities, with offerings including water-based experiences, land-based experiences, overnight cruise experiences, ferry and transportation services and marine consulting and services.
The company has replaced its boat engines with cleaner Tier 3 marine engines and switched to biodiesel. Hornblower Group is building hybrid boats powered by solar, wind and fuel cell technology, offers carbon-neutral cruises and is expanding its environmental educational programs to serve its guests, crew, and community.
Hornblower Group has established a clear vision for the future of the company and embraces the idea of what it means to truly be a sustainable company. To promote environmental stewardship and encourage others to adopt green practices into their lives, Hornblower Group adopted the following goals as part of its Respect Our Planet program:
- Showcase advancements made by Hornblower companies to become greener
- Educate people on how to reduce their environmental impact
- Motivate people to take action in small or large ways
- Partner with leading organizations to provide people the opportunity to make environmentally friendly purchasing decisions
- Use Hornblower Group’s location and company resources to educate children on conservation and environmental awareness
For more information, please contact:
Captain John Lake
National Director of Marine Operations
455 N. Cityfront Plaza Dr. Suite 2600
Chicago IL 60611
(571) 982-6180 | email@example.com