- This event has passed.
August 4, 2020 – Webinar: Transitioning to an Electric School Bus Fleet
August 4 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
August 4, 2020, 2 p.m. CDT – Webinar: Transitioning to an Electric School Bus Fleet
Tampa Bay Clean Cities and South Shore Clean Cities are partnering with Blue Bird Corporation and Florida Transportation Systems (FTS) to host an informational Webinar and virtual demonstration of the Blue Bird Type C Vision electric school bus!
Join us to hear from Carmel Clay Schools, an Indiana school district that welcomed the first all-electric school bus to Indiana as part of its initiative to move to greener, cleaner alternative fuel buses. Learn from industry experts, Clean Cities coalitions and a school district fleet on the nuts and bolts of electric bus technology.
These buses provide a variety of environmental and economic benefits – they are cleaner, quieter and less costly to operate, and help to create a healthier environment for students.
- Helpful takeaways and lessons learned from applying for grant funding and rolling out an electric school bus program
- Considerations for installation and operation of electric charging infrastructure
- Virtual vehicle and equipment demonstration of the Blue Bird Type C Vision electric bus, which is powered by Cummins PowerDriveTM technology and a Level 2 (AC) charger with CCS1 plug
- Key funding updates for Florida school districts
Who should attend?
- Fleet managers, school district officials, planners & sustainability managers